Welcome!
This is the blog for Module 2, "Teaching and Learning Process" of the PGCE/Cert Ed. If you would like to see the kind of stuff it might contain,
click here for last year's version.I have been producing web pages like this for several years. Rather than simply posting pre-prepared handouts and presentation material on the VLE, I have written up a simple web-page with links to the material we discussed
after the event, so it has been there—as one student put it—as the minutes of the meeting, rather than as a cupboard containing what we ought to have "covered".
This time—and given that I have retired, this may be the last time I get to teach this module—we (I do mean "we") are going a stage further. What you are looking at is not a bog-standard web page. It is a b
log-standard one! (Sorry! Hang around Peter long enough and the puns start to bite.)
- This is hosted, free, by blogger.com. Forget about clunky Virtual Learning Environments; all of you (apart from those of you working in prisons and defence establishments) can set up pages like this, at no cost at all (as long as you don't mind an awkward URL [address]) and with minimal ICT expertise.
- More than that, it enables you or any other readers to respond; you can comment on every post. Unlike my previous web-pages, this is potentially two-way traffic!
So—I hope you will find the content useful. But more than that, let's play! Let's find out what this technology can do and add to normal teaching.
Post a Comment