Use your mobile phone (or a digital camera if you have it with you). These are some of the authors who do not appear on the reading list but deserve comment; I could have made a note of them and then typed it up (which would have made sense for this example), but when the material is more complex, such as a mind-map, think how much work this could save. You could print it as a handout, use it in a web-page, annotate it....My Monday class? I re-ran an exercise (some vignettes focussing on
motivation, slightly up-dated from 2002, 20 minutes in small groups with
questions and then a plenary intended to provide a means of weaving in the
theory). It worked quite well, although I missed a couple of opportunities in
retrospect, which the students were unlikely to notice.
There's a trick to this structure, I confess. Writing up notes from students' and groups' responses sends them an important message---"I value what you say; I've made a note of it."
But! Of course what I write on the board is selected on the basis of what I can comment on later, in order to weave in some theoretical input. And as I comment I can circle the points the students have made, as if the whole thing were driven by them. And of course, most of it is indeed driven by them.
Why don't I share these reflections with them, too? Because they might not
agree? Even better! They could respond on the blog. I'll give it a try.
BREO (VLE) Log-inDownloadsProgramme Blog
Default schedule for the module and exercise briefing
Click on "comments" at the bottom of any post to add your own ideas, questions and reactions
Contact James
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]
Post a Comment