27 January part 2; more Memory
The principal page on this is at
http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/memory.htm, which also has some further links.
Here are the slides:
The jbumeld wrdos txet can be found and is discussed
here. (the actual url is enormous!)
For a more comprehensive overview of the field:
On Episodic, Semantic and Procedural memories;
On schemata and scripts, which I did not cover;
On eidetic (aka "photographic") memory:
We also got into a discussion on change and resistance to learning; my own work on that can be found in very short form at;
http://www.learningandteaching.info/learning/resistan.htm and at greater length at
http://www.doceo.co.uk/original/learnloss_1.htm .
Incidentally, the Dan Ariely article on "Massive bonuses might actually cause poor performance" which I lost the link to last week can be found at
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/04/business/worldbusiness/04iht-04Forbes-bonus.20589946.html?_r=1
Thinking about behaviourism for next week, you had a quick word in your groups about what you are planning to read. You can find a brief introduction with external links at:
A certain amount of reflection is in order, too, on the session;
- Overall, my performance was pretty poor. I got into the relentless PowerPoint piledriver presentation style which I dislike so much when other people do it to me.
- It was really only due to the continuing interest of four or five people who were prepared to contribute that we got through it without dying of boredom. So thanks for that!
- I should know by now not to use examples where I don't know what I am talking about! (I'm thinking here of the golf-swing one in particular.)
Post a Comment